Summer Horse Camp at Houston's Horsebackriding
Houston's Summer Horse Camp is a fun way to learn the basics of horsemanship, meet new friends, and enjoy the out-of-doors.
What makes Bobbi Houston's Horse Camp so much different from other summer horse camps?
- We limit the number of participants to just 12 per week so that every child has the same horse every day: you get to know the horse, and the horse gets to know you!
- By limiting camp size, your child benefits from individualized instruction from our helpers/instructors.
- We conduct one, 4-day camp per week so that all our horses are happy, healthy, and well rested.
Who can participate in Houston's Horse Camp?
- Anyone 5 years and older.
When are camps held and how much does it cost?
- Late May through mid-July. Camps run weekly, from 7-11 a.m.. Monday through Thursday, or Tuesday through Friday. Check the weekly calendar to see what best fits your schedule.
- The cost is $250 per week for 4, four hour horse camps. In addition horsemanship training participants get daily snacks and everyone who attends camp receives a Houston's Horseback-riding T-shirt.
What do kids do at horse camp?
- Every day kids will catch, groom and saddle their horses.
- After saddling we go for a two hour trail ride, half-way through our ride we'll stop for a break and a snack.
- When we get back from the ride everyone unsaddles and turns out their horses in the corrals.
What do kids learn at horse camp?
- In addition to all of the above, after the horses are turned out kids learn about horse anatomy, care and feeding, and tack and equipment.